Thursday, April 17, 2008

Book Meme.....


Thanks for the tag, Boney.....ahem. I've managed to avoid this one for about 6 months now...but you finally got me!

It seems perfectly easy, all you have to do is “pick up a book on the top of your book stack, turn to page 123, read the first five complete sentences, then post the next three sentences."

So I went to my pile of books here next to my computer and took the one on top, the one I'm due to read next....You've Been Warned by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. These are the sentences called for:

"Not that I could see these new ones coming. I lean back into his familiar gray leather couch and describe some of the events of the past few days, culminating with spotting my dead father this morning. Dr. Corey listens while puffing away, not saying a word."
©James Patterson and Howard Roughan

I'm really not quite sure what this is all supposed to mean or do for anyone....except maybe if you have the right book, it may turn out to be humorous. I've done my share and played along. I'm not going to tag anyone...but if you'd like to play, please be my guest. At least its an easy one.

1 comment:

boneman said...

You're a "go to gal" Val!
And, as a reward, I offer you the STAR of EUPHRATES.... it comes with an interesting history....

King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates, the most valuable diamond in the ancient world. Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan. Croesus said, "I'll
give you 100,000 dinars for it."
"But I paid a million dinars for it," the King protested. "Don't you know who I am? I am the king!"

Croesus replied, "When you wish to pawn a Star, makes no difference who you
are."