Monday, February 18, 2008

Time for Another Recipe.....

The following recipe is so much better if you add Emeril’s® Creole Seasoning in the amount I have specified. Emeril’s seasoning recipe can be found on his websites or you can follow my altered recipe for it here. The only difference with mine is that I have reduced the cayenne pepper amount by half because I don’t like things TOO spicy.

My Version of Emeril’s® Creole Seasoning

2 ½ tblsp paprika

2 tblsp salt

2 tblsp garlic powder

1 tblsp black pepper

1 tblsp onion powder

½ tblsp cayenne pepper

1 tblsp dried leaf oregano

1 tblsp dried leaf thyme

combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container for use as needed.

Yield: approx. 2/3 cup

PEPPERS UNSTUFFED

Another quick and easy recipe.

Serves 6. Total time 30 – 35 min.

1 lb. Ground beef

1 jar (1 lb 10 oz.) Ragu spaghetti sauce in your favorite flavor

2 large green and/or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped

1 ¼ cups water

1 cup instant rice

1 rounded tblsp Emeril’s® seasoning ** (IMPORTANT, see option below)

Shredded Mozzarella, if desired.

In 12 inch skillet, brown ground beef, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low and cook COVERED for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove cover and top with a couple handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired. Let sit 5 min.

** if you chose not to use this seasoning, then use 1 tsp salt and 1 ½ tsp garlic powder INSTEAD.

5 comments:

Moohaa said...

My hubby will luhuhuv this recipe. Thanks!

Jamie said...

What a great recipe - I love stuffed peppers, but they are SUCH pain in the butt. Great idea..you are just pretty handy to have around, aren't you?

Karen said...

You know I am going to be pestering everyone for recipes soon so this post was very timely. My hubby is the chief cook in our house and he goes away to work very soon....sob.

SOUL said...

i cannot stand this dude-- but i have made a few of his spice recipes-- not bad.
laterz

Golden To Silver Val said...

Kelly ~ you are most welcome...let me know how he likes it.

Jamie ~ this is so EASY and its very good. Yep, sometimes I do good work!

Gypsy ~ I have a lot of yummy quick recipes. When I was a working, stressed out mom, I always looked for fast and easy. Oh....and recipes like that are great too! (giggle)

Soul ~ I can't handle anything too spicy so I have to tone down Emeril's recipes. I also discovered that if I added celery to chili it wouldn't give me heartburn!