Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fragile.....handle with care

We are recovering from a shock at work; a coworker and her husband died suddenly under awful circumstances. I’ve sort of gone about things on automatic pilot this week. One of the bosses came around and hugged us each individually and stated that he appreciated everything that we do and how happy he was to have us there. You know, it sometimes takes something like this for people to realize just how fragile life is. I don’t want this post to become morose but I just wanted to say that we should show our appreciation of others more frequently and let others know how much we care about them. I’ve had to work more this last week than usual so it sort of threw off my time-line. I’ll work on a regular post later this evening or tomorrow. In the meantime, we have bright sunshine outside…the kind of sunshine that says, “spring is just around the corner”. I am enthusiastic about that thought and can’t wait for that special fragrance in the air that only spring can bring on. Oh and yesterday at work I killed a fly. Now WHERE in the world did HE come from? He was sluggish and that’s how I managed to get him. Matter of fact, I almost felt guilty doing it because of that.

So whatever you’re doing today….give it your all and enjoy yourselves. I’ll be back later.

11 comments:

fiwa said...

Oh Val, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a shock it must have been to your system. That boss of yours had the right idea, I'm so glad he took the time to say it to everyone. Let me second him. I'm so glad I've met you Val, you bring such sunshine, care and cheer to my life. And that's all just through a virtual friendship, so I can't imagine what a sweetheart you must be in person.

Love you -
fiwa

Brad said...

I lost a dear one too recently, in a senseless way. I'm glad we're sharing sunshine today - you just reminded me to get my butt out of the office and into the light. Thanks love - have a good day -

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Val. It does knock you sideways when it comes out of the blue like that doesn't it? We should always live our todays like there won't be a tomorrow and leave nothing left unsaid. Hope spring arrives early, just for you :)

Bill said...

I didn't realize that it had happened until Friday morning. I couldn't believe it, myself. She will be missed. And also having found out so late in the business, I am still reeling. Send my appreciation to all that you are in contact with, if I don't get to it first.

B

Mama Llama said...

Oh Val, I am so sorry to hear about this misfortune.

I did get out and enjoy my day, spreading sunshine and smiles amidst the masses with my children in tow. We had a wonderful day, lots of laughter and hot chocolate-laced memories were made.

Be well, Val.

Leaking Moonlight said...

A big Mom hug to you, Val.

Anonymous said...

hi Val...thanks for stopping and checking up on me on my blog.. i'm fine...much better...still not up to blogging speed yet..so just blog cruising...
yeah that happened to a colleague here too... really messed everyone up...you really do have to live like there is no tomorrow. life is definitely fragile...

Jamie said...

I have been wondering how you are, it's not easy to deal with a tragedy like this. I'm so sorry.

And we had sun yesterday, too - and it was 38 degrees!

I know what you mean about the fly, and I thought I was the only weirdo on the planet! :)

Hugs.

Summer said...

I'm sorry to hear this. Your boss is a good guy.

SOUL said...

i hope you are feeling better-- sorry about all the sudden stuff blindsiding you-- hope you are ok.

is it warming up there yet?

hope you have a great sunday!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Fiwa ~ thank you so much for your kind words...and of course, I think you know I feel the same way about you. Wish you lived closer to me! Hugs.

Brad ~ glad I reminded you to "Seize the day". Enjoy every one of them fully.

Gypsy-girl ~ Oh I am soooo ready for Spring, thank you. We need a "welcome back, Spring" party. I'll drink to that. LOL

Bill ~ I will send your condolences on, and thank you. She WILL be missed very much.

Mapi ~ Thank you for your kind thoughts and I'm so happy you got out and enjoyed the lovely day and made happy memories.

Hensteeth ~ Oh thank you so much...I really do NEED one of those. Hugs, back.

jyankee ~ I'm so glad you're better, you had me a bit worried there. As for blogging; it seems like my mind is a blank for posts right now. Something like this really makes you stop and think.

Jamie ~ Thank you for thinking of me. I've really had a lot of emotions go through my mind lately....lots of thinking. I hope I never go through this again. Yep...and I shouldn't have whacked that fly either...lol Check your email.

Summer ~ My boss really IS a good guy. We are all lucky. Most of the bosses in the building are good ones except for one...you KNOW there ALWAYS has to be ONE.

Soul-friend ~ Thanks for thinkin' of me. We've had 33 degree temps all day and its like a HEAT WAVE. Check your email.