Friday, April 19, 2013

Q.....is for Quote

I love to peruse quotes from famous people as well as the not so famous. You can sometimes feel a whole
lot better about yourself or a situation after reading them because it makes you realize that you're not the only one who has problems.
Sometimes the quotes give you ideas on how to solve certain problems or else they simply give you the courage to just walk away and forget about it.

My mom had a quote that she said often to me from Shakespeare's Hamlet, . "This above all, to thine own self be true".  She wrote that in my yearbook and I've tried to live my life with that thought in mind.

The quote I most often gave my children is "never believe in never" but I don't know who said it originally. Personally, I think it's quite deep.  I wanted my kids to know that they could be anything they wanted to be with hard work and dedication and I would be there for them no matter what.  As parents, we only want our children to be happy first and foremost.

My personal favorite quotes are the ones that tug at your heartstrings and give you warm fuzzy feelings. I've often wished I could be creative enough to come up with some of those endearing type quotes that people would love and cherish for generations.





I especially love what Pooh says.:



2 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

I love good quotes too Val, funny ones, clever ones, inspiring ones, and even sad ones that I know speak the truth. I haven't heard the Pooh one before, it's great! The first one from Maya Angelou is one of my favorites, so very true! Maya is an amazing woman that I've adored since I read her very first book many, many years ago!

Forsythia said...

I like "It is what it is." No use fretting and fuming because you wish the Laws of the Universe were different . . .