Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fast Food Drive-through

I don’t work every day but on the days that I do, I whip into a drive-through for coffee and something sweet to take into work with me. (hey, I wouldn’t want to waste away to nothing here!) As you know, time is important on the morning commute. I have this down to a fine art. I zip in, order my stuff and am back out onto the highway in less than one minute 98% of the time. Its not only impressive, its downright amazing.

The other morning I knew I was in trouble when this person pulled into the drive-through lane ahead of me and failed to negotiate the curve, had to stop, back up and try again. She placed her order and I know from much experience at that establishment, they tell you to proceed to the second window. She proceeds to the FIRST window and stops. I place my order and line up behind her. Seconds are ticking by………

I am tempted to beep my horn, but refrain. She sits there oblivious. I sit behind her doing a slow burn, fingers tapping the steering wheel. I’m not sure if someone from inside motioned her to move on ahead but she finally moves forward. I now have 2 cars behind me. Seconds are ticking by……

I see the doors open at the second window….ONLY THEN does she start checking her purse, her pockets, the seats, everywhere for money. I have teeth marks on my steering wheel by this time. Her hand comes out and she gives the order taker some money. My foot quivers and starts to come off the brake but no food changes hands yet. She continues to search her vehicle. I thought she might even get out so she could look under the seats better but she didn’t. About now, I am muttering cuss words I didn’t even know that I knew. There are now 3 cars behind me. Seconds are ticking by…...

Out comes her hand, she gives more money to the order taker, still no exchange of food. I am now saying “Oh for the Love of God” out loud, and I am honestly tempted to yell out my window…”hey, I’ll pay for the rest…just get her outa here!”

She comes up with more money and apparently that does it as food is given and she drives off. Precious seconds are ticking by…...

I pull up, the order taker says, “Sorry, she gave me all change”. I say “yes, I figured”…”thank you” and I’m on my way.

So, to the airhead twit who drives a silver Saturn…..I know what you drive and I know what the back of your head looks like and if I ever see you again I’m going to kick your ass. SO THERE! I made it to work on time by the way, no thanks to her.

But this raises a question….MY universal question. WHY. Why would somebody DO that? That these people are actually OUT there, breathing and walking among us, not to mention DRIVING….is really scary. They are breeding too…..having little twits who learn to do the same things. Lord have Mercy on us all.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It's me again. See? In better times, you are figgin hillarious!! I'll visit until this horrible pain goes away that life has thrown you guys and then rejoice when all is clear and you are back to your old self. You are a nut!

((hugs))
Debbie