Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm still here.....

I've just sorta been like Snoopy on a lazy day....trying hard not to think about my next appointment with the dreaded eye doctor. This time I know what to expect and, of course, that sets off a nice case of nerves. That event will take place next Wednesday, the 23rd.

I sure do wish I could have said that my eyesight was back to normal....or even just near normal, but sadly, that's just not the case. The floatie has dissolved but my actual eyesight is still distorted and blurry in areas in that one eye. He did say it may take a few shots....so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm trying not to think about any of it.

In the meantime, I've been keeping busy as much as possible; working, reading and sleeping. HA! Actually, I've been working on a logo for a friend of my daughter's. He has a relatively new business and wants it for that. No wonder people who do that for a living make so much money. It's HARD WORK. It not only pulls on all your creativity, its also very time-consuming. What he wanted me to draw free hand did not turn out to my liking.....so now I'm looking for an alternate method. Plus.....you know I have to be in the right mood to even work on this kind of stuff. I haven't gotten very far on it.....but I have made some progress.

Granddaughter is doing well in school and in Karate. She will be testing for the orange belt in a few weeks. Grandson has moved in with his girlfriend and the first thing they did was get a kitten! A Bengal kitten! I certainly hope they did not bite off more than they can chew as I've heard these cats demand lots of attention and are very vocal if they don't get it. Time will tell.

Sorry I've been so rotten about posting but there just hasn't been anything worth writing about going on.....and I know you all don't want to hear about my aches, pains and ailments. Its raining here right now and supposed to get up to the 60's by Thursday. Maybe that warm weather will give me a boost of energy....ya think??

Oh yeah.....today is my birthday. (nonchalantly throwing handful of confetti in air) We are going to do something as a family this weekend for it. All I want is a cake and no fuss. I remember when birthdays used to be fun and full of surprises. Now it just makes you amazed that you've chalked up another year and managed to stay out of jail. Keep smilin' everyone. Thanks for visiting.

18 comments:

Mikey said...

Happy Birthday!!! Loved that last part, staying out of jail, lol.
Hope you feel better soon and your eyesight clears up.

Coffeypot said...

Happy Birthday, hon. And good luck with your eye exam. Hoping for a better outcome.

Jamie said...

Well Happy Birthday to you, too! They pretty much suck these days, don't they? I think we should get together soon and have a party of our own. :)

We do TOO want to hear about your aches and ailments or anything you feel like saying. Okay? I miss your posts. I want to hear more about this logo.

Hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. :)

JY69 said...

Happy Birthday!

Forsythia said...

Happy birthday. Many happy returns, but not to jail, if you can help it.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy Birthday Val....enjoy your day sweetie. I don't really make much out of birthdays anymore either...I consider myself lucky I've made it to another one.

Hang in there with your eye issues...it will all turn out in the end. I've missed you, but we all know there are other things in life besides blogging...although it takes a while for some of us to realize it. Much love, Joy

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (to me, that's an oxymoron)

I have macular degeneration and the one thing I'm to avoid is sunlight! HA! Six months of no sunlight and my mind went nuts. So..it's either go blind or blow my brains out.

I'm so glad to be where it's sunny every day. A benefit that I wasn't aware of is I no longer sleep all day. It did something to my circadian rhythm. My brain now recognizes dark as NIGHT TIME! And daylight as WAKE UP time!!

I used to do logos and letterheads until computers came into existence and killed my hand drawn skills.

Have you tried any internet help? AND, have you thought about buying a drawing program? It's more precise and offers suggestions.

My main problem used to be when people changed their minds and wanted me to do something totally different. People who "draw" are taken for granted as if it's just another fun thing to do.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Happy Birthday, Val. It's hard to celebrate a birthday when life isn't going the way we'd like. On the other hand, there's no better time to treat yourself well and maybe think of something fabulous to do this summer, or on your next birthday. And yes, logos are the hardest thing in the world to design.

happyone said...

A very Happy Birthday to you.
My son took Karate when he was a kid. He quit after getting his blue belt.
Hope all goes well at the eye doctor next week.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday Val, and many more. Hope everything goes ok at the eye doctor's.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Happy belated birthday! The 15th is also my daughter's and my grandmother's! And one of my best friends'!

That's a very good day...especially when you've managed to stay out of jail!

Leann said...

Happy Birthday!!

dc said...

Happy Birthday from me, a fellow Aquarian!

Peruby said...

I hope this birthday year brings you relief from your eye problems and a burst of creativity for your new project. With a side of laughter and fun, you know!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! hope your eyes improve and things go well for you.

Margaret Hall said...

Well...I am late with my Birthday greeting, however, it still comes with an Oregon hug and wink~! Hope that you enjoyed your special day and I hope that the Dr's visit went well...I HATE that you have to go through all this..Please take care of yourself and be on the mend~!
Happy Spring, tomorrow, after the SuperMoon tonight~!!

token said...

Happy belated birthday! Do you have plenty of magnifying glasses?

And binoculars for watching television!

gayle said...

I hope you had a very very Happy Birthday!! I hate that your eye is still giving you problems. Hopefully it will be better soon!