Friday, May 30, 2008

A bit of gossip.....


This is just going to be a short little post to let you know of an incident that occurred that is a definite stress-releaser. I didn't get much gossip from the beauty shop when I got my nails done, but got a humdinger from the neighborhood grapevine. I checked it out online through the county website and the grapevine is accurate. Remember the kid that was bothering my daughter and my grandson....I talked about him here. Well, please believe me when I say that I NEVER wish anyone bad luck or bad things but I am a firm believer on wishing people get what they deserve. I even prayed on this one. Well, he got caught! Yep, the police caught him coming out of a house he had broken into with stolen property in his arms. He is now in jail with two felony charges and his bond has been set at $50k cash. I hope his parents are not stupid enough to bond him out. Now he may FINALLY get the help he needs but one thing is for sure....he will be off drugs. My daughter and grandson are relieved.

I haven't done much commenting because time's been short but I have noticed one thing in common with a lot of the blogs I visit.....a lot of them are bored too. Seems like a lot of bloggers are having a dry spell as far as having something to write about, just like me. Its been a common complaint. Now if I were like Soul, it would be easy. She can write an entire 18 paragraph post about having nothing to talk about and she makes it interesting. This woman has a gift I tell ya....a real gift! Not to mention the engrossing novels that Gypsy writes when she says she has absolutely nothing to say. Such talent and wrapped up in a pretty package to boot! Y'all know I'm right....don't ya. (I'd link you but she's gone private).

Even the beauty shop gossip was dull. My nails turned out nice, as usual, though. Its the one thing I do just for me. I can stretch visits to go every three weeks but I still wince a bit when I pay for them. She's a sweetie so I always give her a good tip too. One thing I heard at the beauty shop was that one of the girls who works there had her first baby last week. She was in labor a whopping 2 hours!!! Does this child know how lucky she is? I was in labor fifty ..... FIFTY hours with my first one. Of course my second one came 16 minutes after I got to the hospital...so that kinda evened things out, I guess. I guess I'll go take a little nappie; its 78 outside but nice and cool in here.

8 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ohhhhh I love gossip!!! :)
When there isn't any interesting gossip going on, I'll start one -- yeah I wish that's true! Sadly, I'm such a serious & scary & boring person in real life! Sigh!

The Real Mother Hen said...

I agree on Soul - she can really write, and that by itself is a talent :)

Betty said...

I haven't been able to think of anything to write about, either. Maybe it's spring fever.

fiwa said...

How sad for that kid - but like you said, maybe this will be his rock bottom and maybe now he can clean himself up and get on with his life. I'm glad he's safely away from your daughter and grandson though.

Big hugs to you!
fiwa

Karen said...

I never expected to come here and find such a lovely compliment Val. I'm chuffed to bits. I'm so chuffed that I'm not even disappointed there wasn't one single EFFIN in this post. Haha. I also wanted to thank you for going to all that trouble to give me advice on the teeth thing. All good advice is greatly appreciated my friend.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Smocha said...

I'm glad to hear the thug was caught and will be out of y'alls lives!

We have one neighbor around here , Nosey....she always knows all the gossip. She just left for a 2 week vacation so we're gonna have a real dry spell in the gossip department. :(

I agree about Soul. How does she do that? My oldest son can also write like that. Me, I don't have the attention span.

When it gets boring just whip out the camera. :)

Here's to an interesting Saturday!

Jenny said...

Karma is good.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I think you're right Val...a lot of us have been having a problem coming up with things to write about lately. Must be contagious. I've had some pretty dry spells and don't feel I have much to talk about; but somehow something always pops up. Hope your weekend is going well....