Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happiness is.....

- A hot fresh cup of coffee and warm cherry pie in your jammies on a cold rainy night

- A dog who is so happy to see you, her tail wags her whole body

- Finding a crumpled $10 bill at the bottom of your purse when you thought you were broke

- Getting a notice from the gas company that they over estimated your previous bill and you owe nothing this month

- A good book

- Watching the guy who cut you off in traffic get pulled over for speeding

- Coffee and gossip with your best friend

- Finding a parking space right by the door

- A full pantry

- Hair that looks good

- Having money leftover after all the bills are paid

- Watching the person running to get ahead of you at the ATM or grocery line trip and fall

- Finding something you’ve lost

As you can see, I have simple pleasures. Do you ever think about all the little things that make you happy….and its ok if some of them are a little bit spiteful…we are only human, after all.

9 comments:

Gypsy said...

Oh Val I love all of those things, even the slightly mean ones....*snigger*....maybe even ESPECIALLY the slightly mean ones.

I am always happy when I am curled up in bed on a cold wintry night, listening the rain pelt down on the roof. Or curled up in a chair in front of a roaring fire. Or watching my favourite tv show (LOST) with a big bar of macadamia chocolate. Yes, like you, it doesn't take much to make me happy either.

mapiprincesa! said...

Thank you, Val. I needed that just right now. So much.

JYankee said...

yeah the tripping and falling at the atm or grocery store line.. heh heh heh.....

CRUSTYBEEF said...

this was great!! Thank you!!
having a snuggle with a little one after a disasterious phone call..

having your little one point to a picture and give the picture a kiss...

tuesdays...happiness..

Reading things like this..simple and soft and funny..
thank you again!

Always,
Crusty~

Kelly Jene said...

I was going along reading, my warm fuzzies growing and then I read the ATM comment. I snorted I laughed so hard! Too funny.

Yes, those are all wonderful!! Thanks for checking in on me.

The Real Mother Hen said...

I saw Hair that looks good in the list - ohhhh... I just put up a blog about my hair, and now I'm going to flood this town with my tears...
*sob*

ordinaryjanet said...

Love your list! I have to add "sunshine in winter after it's been cloudy for what seems like weeks". :-)

simonsays said...

A great list val - My favorite one is the speeder after he cut you off, that seems to happen so often, but where is a cop when you need one?

I hope your week is going well.

I want to thank you for the kind comments that you have left for me recently, you'll never know how much they help. :)

SOUL: said...

just comin by to see if the coffee is on???