Monday, November 12, 2007

A friend indeed.....

Is there anything better than a nice visit with a cherished friend? I don’t think so. An old friend came to see me today; she came from thousands of miles away. I can’t begin to say how much I have missed her; our chats over never-ending cups of coffee either at her kitchen table or mine. She is not only my best friend, she was my neighbor as well. But she flew off to a better life and I’m happy for her. Things are great for her and that makes me feel wonderful because she’s special and she deserves it more than anyone I know.

I can only hope that everyone could have the experience of having such a true friend. We can go years and not see one another but pick up as if we’ve never been apart when we see each other once again. I am blessed.

2 comments:

Mama Llama said...

That is lovely. When visiting home (also thousands of miles away), I always make my calls on my friends. We both need it...it is so good for the soul.

Jenny said...

Ahhh, my dearest friend is miles away in another state, but when we connect in person or on the phone...you're so right. There is nothing better.