Saturday, August 8, 2009

All day rain.....

Today is a relaxing day. Its very dark and the rain is gently and continuously coming down. We need it so I'm not complaining. We did have a picnic planned but its been moved inside....we may end up postponing it until tomorrow, I'm not sure yet. Either way we'll have a good time and good food.

Not a lot has happened and I still say that's good. I need these down times to recharge my batteries. Its been extra busy at work with a lot of people gone on vacations. I had to have another condenser put in my car because the AC kept giving me warm air even though I would go have more freon added. So far its ok but its only been a few days. I still don't have my new computer in my possession, although my guy is working on it. This is a busy time of year for him and since I'm not totally without a computer, he is not hurrying with the new one. He does have all the parts....its just when he gets around to putting them all together. Hopefully before the end of this month I'll be all set.

I have met the love of my grandson's life. I was ok until I saw the piercing just under her bottom lip. WHY would anyone think that adds to their charm? I know.....I know....I'm an old fuddy duddy....my thinking is not progressive....I'm not up with the times. Humph....sorry but I can't see where putting holes in your face is progressive. And yes....I have pierced ears and have had them since I was a youngster myself....but somehow it just seems different. Sigh...maybe its not. Maybe its ME. Maybe I should just shut my mouth. HA!

So, I guess I will go refill my coffee mug and settle back with my book. I have about 400 pages to go and then I can start on the next one in my huge stack of books to be read. I think I have 26 books in that stack so I can safely say that I have fallen behind in my reading. The other ones in the stack are not so hefty as the one I'm reading now (1,000 pages) so it should go faster.

Oh....yes I wanted to tell you. I found another dead squirrel in my yard but this one was not next to the transformer nor did it cause me any electrical problems. I don't know what happened to the little guy. So I left him there until I could get out to the garage and find a shovel to bury him with...about 2 days. Yeah, I know...that's yucky, but I was putting it off, hoping that I could con someone else into doing that for me. Anyway when I went out there, armed with shovel, he was gone! Distasteful as it sounds....I'm wondering if the hawk took him. What do you think? If so, I guess that's a good point about having them nearby.....they make a good clean-up crew.

Enjoy your weekend. We have rain forecast for tomorrow too so its likely to be a quiet one for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curled up with a good book on a rainy day sounds wonderful to me! My books to read stack is getting taller and taller too! If you are an old fuddy-duddy for thinking that holes in the face are unattractive, I'm right there with you Val, I think it's GROSS!!!

Cheryl said...

I'm fuddy too! Hot and sunny here. I'm hiding in the AC!

Savannah said...

I'm with you on the piercing too Val but there's one place I hate it more than the actual face and that's the tongue. Is that even hygienic? Oooh I have just remembered something I meant to post about. Stay tuned.

happyone said...

I agree with you and everyone else too about the piercing!!
I have one of those huge stacks of books to read too. The stack never goes down because I keep going to the library.
Still working on The Pillars of the Earth. It's really good, just haven't spent as much time reading as I usually do.

(M)ary said...

i live just south of you in northeast indiana...i looked at the weather map and saw the huge blob going acrossed michigan. yowser. it was multi colored red, green and yellow and covered the entire mid-portion of the state. hope it has cleared up today!

Grayquill said...

The piercings gave me a good laugh. Hang in there - I don't think it is going to get any better.

Margaret Hall said...

Hi, Val..Yes, it's me, Margaret...So sorry that I have been away/absent from your blog. I have been up to my eyeballs in stuff, and I really had to figure out what and whatever took priority...(sigh)...A quiet rainy day would be TERRIFIC, and a nice book and that might lead to a wonderful nap??...*smile* Good to see you blogging...Oh, poor squirrel...maybe it was that big hawk??..Don't know..