Saturday, May 9, 2009

65 things about me.....

I got this from Soul and also from Smocha…..and thought I’d give it a try and also let you have a peek into the boring life of a senior citizen.

65 things about me.
1. First thing you wash in the shower? Hair or face (if I'm not washing my hair that day)
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? brown and I can’t find it.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Yes,if I could remember who it was.
4. Do you plan outfits? If I have somewhere to go, yes. On a regular old day..um NO. I resemble a bag lady.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Pretty good actually…as I’m sipping my second cup of coffee.
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? My dog’s red collar.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I usually forget them once I wake up, but I had one the other night about a snake that escaped down the bathtub drain.
8. Did you meet anybody new today? I meet lots of new people when I’m working; most of them are bitching about something.
9. What are you craving right now? Porterhouse steak, mashed potatoes and tossed salad.
10. Do you floss? When I feel the need, yes I do.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Makes me think of my excellent cole slaw, which makes me think of the baked beans I make to go with it, which makes me think of my meatloaf that I usually make to go with that. Hmmmm, I’m hungry now.
12. Are you emotional? Yes, I am. I cry over some commercials.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? I honestly don’t ever remember doing that.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? I lick it. And if its in a bowl, I will stir it up so it resembles pudding.
15. Do you like your hair? Approximately 2 weeks after its cut, it looks great for about 4 days and I really do like it then.
16. Do you like yourself? Yes I do. I’m a good person who is a loyal friend.
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? I’d actually prefer Laura. I think she’s an awesome lady.
18. What are you listening to right now? The rain falling on my roof.
19. Are your parents strict? My mom was and my dad followed her lead.
20. Would you go sky diving? I’m terrified of heights. Just going up the steps into the plane would make me pee.
21. Do you like cottage cheese? I love it…especially with black pepper on it.
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? No, but I know someone who plays music with Willie Nelson just for fun.
23. Do you rent movies often? No. I usually buy them from half.com
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? Not really into sparkles but my granddaughter’s Bratz doll is sitting here and her earrings are like neon signs.
25. How many countries have you visited? In person, Canada. Through my books and blog reading…I’ve been almost everywhere.
26. Have you made a prank phone call? Oh lord….yes, when young and dumb.
27. Ever been on a train? Oh yes…several times. I LOVE trains.
28. Brown or white eggs? I was raised on brown ones but white ones have dominated my refrigerator for the past 40 years. Why is that? Aren’t chickens laying brown eggs anymore?
29.Do you have a cell-phone? Yes.
30. Do you use chap stick? Rarely.
31. Do you own a gun? several.
32. Can you use chop sticks? Yes but I’m not that good. If I had to use them, I’d be skinny.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? My family is coming over for “movie night”.
34. Are you too forgiving? I tend to always remember a slight even though I won’t treat you any differently. I’m working on that.
35. Ever been in love? I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may stimulate me.
36. Who is your BFF? Martha
37. Ever have cream puffs? I’m not sure, probably not.
38. Last time you cried? During the news when they found the lost 3 year old in the woods alive and as well as he could be under the circumstances. He’ll be fine.
39. What was the last question you asked? (to my grandson) When are you going to clean out my eaves?
40. Favorite time of the year? Summer, then Fall for the sheer beauty of it.
41. Do you have any tattoos? Lord no....too squeamish.
42. Are you sarcastic? Wouldn’t dream of it.
43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect? Yes. Its one of those “play with your mind” movies. I have to be in the mood for those.
44. Ever walked into a wall? Actually, the wall walked into ME.
45. Favorite color? Almost all shades of blue
46. Have you ever slapped someone? Yes I have.
47. Is your hair curly? Freshly washed, no. After a couple days of hairspray, yes.
48. What was the last CD you bought? Seal
49. Do looks matter? Something has to grab your attention in the first place…for me, its more CHARM and just having a kindness….or an irresistible way other than being a pretty face and hot bod.
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater? I have…. only to find out that there seems to be no cure and they will commit the dirty deed again and again. They get their addictive ‘high’ on the risk of being caught.
51. Is your phone bill sky high? Its higher than I’d like it to be and I rarely call long distance.
52. Do you like your life right now? I’m disappointed in my life right now because of my arthritis pain but, considering the only other option, I’ll take it.
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? No, I like a quiet house.
54. Can you handle the truth? Yes, because I just sort of instinctively know when I’m being lied to and that makes me furious.
55. Do you have good vision? Not without help from my contacts. If we lived back in the Neanderthal era, I’d be dinner cause I’d never see the threat coming.
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? Hate is an emotion I do not have…however there are a couple people that I just plain don’t like.
57. How often do you talk on the phone? I talk to my daughter every day on the phone…sometimes more than once. My friends and I email.
58. The last person you held hands with? My granddaughter.
59. What are you wearing? A Scooby Do nightshirt. I just have sex kitten written all over me, don’t I?
60. What is your favorite animal? I’m partial to dogs but I love cats and birds too.
61. Where was your default picture taken? In my kitchen.
62. Can you hula hoop? I never could master that and it was a huge crush to my ego, which I’m certain had an effect on my inability to make mega millions.
63. Do you have a job? I retired from my full time job and now work part time in the same building.
64. What was the most recent thing you bought? Flowers for my cyber friend’s funeral.
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes but not in many many years…..the reason for doing so seems to have conveniently slipped my mind.

There you have it....exciting right? LOL

One thing I've discovered is that children answer a lot of questions with "I don't know"; mobsters answer with "taking the Fifth"; and seniors answer with "I don't remember".... which is true most of the time. Usually, though, all three have something to hide when those answers are given. Never trust a senior with perfect memory.

7 comments:

SOUL said...

this was great :))
happy saturday-

Anonymous said...

I was chuckling all the way through this. You always make me laugh. My favourites? #35, 55, 59 &65 but they were all great.

Smocha said...

Thanks for playin', sexy! ;)

Jamie said...

LOVE it! Some day you will have to fill in the blanks..

Happy Mothers day to the best mother I know. Hugs.

SOUL said...

happy mothers day charlotte-- :))

Cheryl said...

This was one of the best one's I've read. You're very funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm so stealing this from you....