Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holiday Meatballs

Just in time for the holidays, I have a recipe for you that is so simple and so delicious that your friends and/or co-workers will think you are a god or goddess, whichever the case may be. This recipe was given to me by my boss (a man) just before I retired. He brought it in to work every year for our Christmas party and everyone loved it. So, here it is:

Holiday Meatballs

2 12 oz. Jars Heinz chili sauce

1 1 lb. Jar of grape jelly

2 medium pkgs. (60 to 70 meatballs total) Frozen Armour meatballs

In a crockpot, blend chili sauce and grape jelly. When jelly has melted into the chili sauce, add the meatballs. Cover and cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Sounds awesome, and so easy! I'm going to have to try that for our next office party lunch! :-)

fiwa said...

My husband loves those. :)

Jamie said...

My mom has made these every Christmas for most of my life. Everyone loves them. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i have made those before--also made it with lil smokies YUM.
ok now i'm hungry. :((
latah charlotte
happy friday

Karen said...

I think even I could manage that recipe and believe me I am no cook. Sounds yummy!!!!

witchypoo said...

I saw these being made years ago and couldn't believe how good they were. I mean, really, grape jelly!

Jenny said...

I'm going to try these using a meat-subsitute (I'm a vegetarian) but I always like EAZY recipes.

Thanks!