Monday, September 3, 2007

One of the thousands of things I've learned.....

I noticed that my neighbors had to hook up to city water recently after their well went dry. It brought back a memory. Rewind....25 years. I wake up to a storm and no power. Now I have to get ready for work and no power means, among other things, no water. I can take my toothbrush and paste to work with me. I can comb my hair and slap on some makeup using a flashlight, but how can I "wash up"? I loved Noxema at the time and used it on my face on a regular basis. So I used that to cleanse my face....don't have to use water or rinse with that. I figured what worked on the top part could work on the lower. (hey, give me a break, I'm half asleep and a stressed out working mom) So I proceed to freshen myself up in the nether regions using Noxema. WAHOO!. Lord 'ave Mercy! DON'T ever do that! For 2 seconds it actually felt OK, then it started burning like hell. I was in a mess for sure. I am hopping around the bathroom in semi-darkness, cussing myself for my sheer stupidity, and my thought processes are in full speed ahead trying to come up with a solution FAST. I ended up using Pond's cold cream and another washcloth. I tell you, I had the softest butt and vagina in town, I just KNOW it.
So, from then on, after dishes were done, I would fill up the whistling tea kettle with water, JUST IN CASE. I no longer have to do that as I no longer have a well. One good thing about paying for water.....you still have it when the power goes off.
Stick with me and I'll keep you knowledgeable on all kinds of important stuff.

No comments: