Sunday, March 9, 2008

Time flies.....

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I can't believe four days have passed so quickly. I had company pop in, then had a funeral to attend that brought up a whole boatload of childhood memories. This family is about the very last one who can share childhood memories with me as they were my rural neighbors oh so many years ago. I even worked an extra day this week too. I really don't remember time passing by so quickly when I was younger. What is UP with this.

Anyway, I will be back soon. I still have some things to take care of.....like finding my tax documents. My furnace is working great and I'm toasty. I hope the neglected water heater lasts for a while longer although I wouldn't blame it one bit if it decided to quit. We often take these things for granted and never give them a second thought until they quit working. There is definitely a lesson to be learned here. I need to seriously do some letter writing to some neglected far away friends.

6 comments:

fiwa said...

Sounds like it was a busy week. I'm sorry to hear about the funeral.

Hope this week is more cheerful.
lovins to you -
fiwa

Moohaa said...

Hey Val. Missed you! I'm sorry it's been tough on you. Another blog friend lost a dear friend of hers. It's making me want to reach out to my friends.

May your water heater last until the day you have time to deal with it!

Hugs friend!

Jamie said...

So many posts this weekend about time, I guess due to the time change. I have to agree, time is not my friend any longer, there is never enough of it...but I don't really remember when it was.

Life is not meant to be so hurried.

I have to agree, we need to keep up with old friends, but once again, life gets in the way. I applaud your attempt to do that.

Have a good week.

May your water heater hang in....

:)

Anonymous said...

I've noticed too that time passes faster the older I get. I wonder why?

Sorry about that funeral.

Moohaa said...

Hey friend. I hope you are doing well. Thinking of you....

Brad said...

I understand what you mean about reaching out to neglected friends. I had a lose earlier this year and it was a good wake up call for me. Take care friend!