Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faith pays off.....

I went to the mailbox today to find a package from Microsoft. They did it! They sent me the Microsoft Word Program. Exactly like the counterfeit one I had purchased except, of course.....THIS one isn't counterfeit. Boy I sure hope they catch those crooks!

In the meantime I'm soooooo happy to have my Word program back.....I have really felt lost without it....even though Open Office is darn close. I'm just used to using Word after all these years and that's what we use at work.

I have really been neglectful but there hasn't been much going on. My daughter and her whole family got sick with a variation of the flu called "echo virus". I have stayed away from them all this time because I don't want to get exposed to it.....its miserable.

Its 45 here now and raining pretty good. It's supposed to do it all night long. The guy who does my leaves showed up tonight and got them all picked up. He just beat the rain which is a good thing. With 26 trees in my yard, most of them oak, you can just imagine how many leaves there were.....they were mid-calf deep on me.

I have my turkey in the freezer.....actually its two turkey breasts. No one in my family cares for dark meat so buying a whole turkey is wasteful. Making two turkey breasts suits us perfectly and there is no waste. I keep one and give my daughter the other one. They both fit nicely into my large roasting pan. If its stopped raining by tomorrow, I may go and get the rest of the fixings for our dinner. My co-worker is on vacation that week and I will have to work the day before Thanksgiving. I wonder if we will have snow.

Hope everything is ok in your corners of the world. I'll be back in a couple days......in the meantime, keep smilin'.

7 comments:

Peruby said...

OMG! I about fell off my chair when I read that MS sent you another copy. Kudos to them and you for sticking with it!

I'm right there with you on only fixing the breast of the turkey. Hope you have a happy T-day!

ain't for city gals said...

woo hoo..I had my doubts that you were going to get the down load from MS..glad you did. I do not buy anything like that from e-bay...I think almost ALL of them are fake..and you know when you think about it..how did MS know anyway...are they inside your computer that much? YES, they are..lol...

happyone said...

Great news about you getting Word!!
I still have to get my turkey. Only need a small one. A quiet Thanksgiving for just the two of us this year.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have had things going right for a change!

Last night's wind blew more leaves into my yard-my yard has no trees but the neighbors do. Not fair!

glnroz said...

finally a "point" in Microsoft's Attaboy column. I still think they need more Attaboys... lol, but glad you got your program so it will work for you.

gayle said...

So glad you finally go it!1

Linda Medrano said...

I'm really glad you got your MS stuff.

Have a lovely thanksgiving!

xxooxx